• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diesel-Kleen overdose

black06

I helped a fellow forum member work on his M1008 truck today and ran into a little issue

long story short....I had a slight pouring mishap and added 16 oz of diesel-kleen(rated for 50 gallons) with cetane boost to about 5-10 gallons of mixed old diesel and fresh (truck was parked in 2001 and has run since) Am I going to destroy anything if I fire her up again?? :cry: I know the J-code diesels are a bit higher compression than their civvy counterparts

grizcty

I swear by Power Service.
And swear every time I purchase it.
As the price has gone way up, while the bottle size has gone way down.
I use the products daily.
Gray bottle summer.
White for winter.
Red for emergency freeze ups.:cry:

Years ago I spoke to a company rep. by phone.
I was questioning the product.
And wanted to know what would happen, by over using it.
(I am a doubting Thomas, about additives)

He sent me a packet about 2" thick, by mail.
It contained info, on various motors that they tested.
Including one on a 7.3 ltr., which ran continuously for 1000 hrs. (I think)
During this testing, they used twice the amount of additive recommended.

Then they tore down the motor, looking for wear/damage.
None occurred.

I was impressed.

tourdog

i will agree you wont hut any thing in winter i add a full bottle every fill up the 911 power service and in real cold below 0 i put two in never any prombles . the trucks here at work all we use is 911 as aditives and alot of it never any prombles.

Chief_919

I use power service to fill my fuel filters when I change them. 100% additive for 15-20 seconds doesn't hurt, and seems to clean the fuel system out nicely, so you will be fine.

black06

that's good to hear, I was just a bit worried about burning something up since the 6.2's are tempermental sometimes. I usually use the Lucas injector cleaner with my gas GM trucks and always toss the entire quart in before I fill up, but diesels are still new to me.:oops:

black06

Ok charged up the batteries tonight and fired it up with no problems. Drove around the property for 5 mins to charge the batteries. I'll swap in a fresh fuel filter this weekend and see what happens. Luckily the previous owner did the NAPA spin on filter retrofit....and left a spare filter behind the seat!

Thanks again!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks