• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

door hinges

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Changed a door out today. I've swapped out many doors and I ran into a problem today that I've had before. If you mis match hinge halves they sometimes won't fit together ( the outer is too narrow to go in the inner). You would think all hinges would be the same other than some worn more than others but that doesn't seem the case. This also isn't my first door that one hinge was bent. Since it was bent I figured I'd replace it with a straight one I had but the door didn't hang well. Put the bent hinge back on and it worked like a charm. Reckon this was a field mod to get the door to hang right?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good idea littlebob. I've swapped out several doors and I've never been lucky enough top just slap it on there and go. They always require adjustment. I'm a stickler for them closing with one finger though. I've worked on a door for hours before to get it "just right".