• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

dropside - side rack and troopseat question

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The headboard is them main difference. I have M35A2 troop seats on my M35A2C. It's a pain to drop the sides with the standard seats. You have to lift the headboard to disconect it from the sides.

jimmcld

The big difference in the troop seats for the drop down is that they have a small hole drilld into the vertical member that the pin on the side of the drop down fits into. This keeps the troop seats from falling off if you drop the sides with the seats on them.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The big difference in the troop seats for the drop down is that they have a small hole drilld into the vertical member that the pin on the side of the drop down fits into. This keeps the troop seats from falling off if you drop the sides with the seats on them.
The troop seat stakes that I have came off a standard cargo. They already had the hole in them for the pin. I just assumed they all had the hole but maybe not.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a photo of my dropside troop seats at the hinge. It is offset a bit and has another bracket for the bed attachment bar.

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also the dropside headboard has a holder for the bow legs. The bow tops are stored under the bed. I will post a picture tomorrow.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a photo of my dropside troop seats at the hinge. It is offset a bit and has another bracket for the bed attachment bar.
Ok. Maybe I do have dropside seats. They came off a standard cargo bed but they do have the pin holes in the stakes and I do have the brace bracket. I know for a fact my headboard is from a standard cargo. I've got two more sets of seats but haven't looked at them that close.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok. Maybe I do have dropside seats. They came off a standard cargo bed but they do have the pin holes in the stakes and I do have the brace bracket. I know for a fact my headboard is from a standard cargo. I've got two more sets of seats but haven't looked at them that close.
The other side has what I assume to be a regular bed seat stake. I imagine the original was damaged and was "repaired" with a regular bed stake. The other end of these seats has the brace bracket. As a result of this repair job, the bolts don't line up with the seat board bolt holes and the whole thing wiggles quite a bit.

Speaking of brace brackets, I am looking for one, but have never seen them for sale anywhere. Anybody got any extras they'll sell?

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks