• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dummy Sincgars 1523e ASIP radio

mrfarb

I’ve wanted to fill my radio tray with an RT-1523e, but they are pretty much non existent even as parts. I’ve been wanting to make a dummy so when my brother bought a 3D printer I convinced him he needed one (or 2) for his 1165a. He’s about done with his model and a prototype - eventually I’ll put a Baofeng GMRS radio inside of it and have it somewhat functional. Here’s a pic I just took - look cool or? Even has the connection for the W4 cable. Some parts are real components to make it look more realistic.

Attachments

FKAM

Are you tying the power in from the rear port? Or is that a future thing. I have done similar using an old broken/gutted housing I found on ebay, but finding the mating plug for the rear of the radio has been fruitless. Found one a long time ago. Like what you are doing. If you plan to produce for sale later on I'm interested.

mrfarb

At this point it’s an empty box, no power connections. It’s printed to connect at the back to keep it in place. It’s a work in progress, going to reinstall my tray assy with it. Really completes the look imo.