• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DVE Drivers View Enhanced Thermal Viewer

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
My understanding there are several versions of the DVE out there and for different types of vehicles. Anybody have any experience with these things? Electronically, how are they powered and the viewer to display connected? Cable numbers? Take whatever information folks can provide.

For basic operation you only need two cables. One cable goes from the sensor(camera) to the screen. The other cable powers the screen, that`s it. I just threw this together to take a pic for you to get an idea. The camera shown with the cable attached is the one used on Hmmwv`s. The camera on the rh side is mainly used on armored trucks, tanks etc. Same cables and screen. Cable from sensor to screen is only about 22 inches long but I guess it could be extended if required. Great fun to use and adds that something extra to the trucks when you want to show off...lol. Let me know if you need any further information.
20170219_132932.jpg

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For basic operation you only need two cables. One cable goes from the sensor(camera) to the screen. The other cable powers the screen, that`s it. I just threw this together to take a pic for you to get an idea. The camera shown with the cable attached is the one used on Hmmwv`s. The camera on the rh side is mainly used on armored trucks, tanks etc. Same cables and screen. Cable from sensor to screen is only about 22 inches long but I guess it could be extended if required. Great fun to use and adds that something extra to the trucks when you want to show off...lol. Let me know if you need any further information.
View attachment 667158

I'll take 2, unarmored of course! LOL. Way out of my
budget but at the top of the "Cool Factor" list.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks