• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Early M35 Headlight differences

Barrman

Once I am done with the truck, I will make a long thread showing all the differences I found between 1952 and 1953 model M35's. For now though, you get them as I find them.

I think everybody knows about the early rubber insulated headlight mounts that could be flipped over compared to the newer non removable ones. So, I didn't even take a picture of that part. I do wonder if anybody knows where to get some of the double ended rubber mounts? I have 14 good ones out of the 24 I started with.

I pulled the 1952 lights apart first and then started on the 1953 version looking to use the best 2 of everything on the final version. One of the first things I noticed was different was the ring that actually holds the head light in the bucket. The picture below shows the two versions side by side. I really like the newer style that lets you loosen but not removet he ring and then twist it off. Those little bitty screws are very hard to put back in when it is sitting on the ground. I am glad I won't have to do it vertically on the truck.

Once the lights were out, it took me a while to actaully notice the next difference. All of the lights of course have Douglas fittings inside the buckets. But, the clips that hold the connectors to the bucket are different between the years. Below are two pictures to show everybody else.

Anybody have a source for the rubber moulding that goes between the head lights and the radiator? I kind of have two good ones, but fear removing the rivets for paint might lead to tearing up of the 56 year old rubber.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks