• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine cooling dual thermostsats GEP surplus

craters

Thanks for your help in the Past! I noticed the 6.5 auction engines only have a single thermostat. How is GEP able to cool them in a HMMWV? Are the dual thermostat manifolds over rated? Unnecessary? I recently learned that the diesel powered pickups have a different radiator support than the gas models. I ASSUME the diesels have a wider core. And lastly do the 6.2/6.5 have a oil cooler thermostat and if so where is it? Hope I didnt wear out my welcome.Thanks Ken in Boise ID:jumpin:

Westech

CPL
No oil cooler t stat. When the engine is started the oil flows. and a cool running 6.5 Turbo in a HMMWV? That is a funny one. They run in the 230 -240 range in the current HMMWV's, just on the verge of over heating. That is just how they run HOT. If you can get a dual T stat cross over pipe that would be great on a CUCV, but I never wanted to wast the money. I just remove the stock T stat and install a 180* one and let it be. Seams to work well and have lots of heat in the winter still.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks