• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine starts, wait light stays on

Lunchbox

Good Morning!

I’m trying to figure out if the ESSS will send power to my glow plugs if the wiring harness for the lights is cut.
Right now the wait light stays lit, I continue to crank after 10 seconds. The engine turns for 20-30 seconds and starts. No power to the glow plugs during the process. Once the engine is started the wait light stays lit. Im
About to build the cannon plug for the wiring harness to get lights to work. Will this possible fix glow plugs?

im going to direct wire glow plugs on a switch for winter if it doesn’t work soon.
Thanks for the help!

Lunchbox

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the SS forums!
You are no doubt going to have many questions about your HMMWV, it would be best to start one thread about your adventure rather than dozens of individual threads, this will keep all the information you receive easier to find for you.

You need to fix the glow plug issue, cranking for 20-30 seconds at a time is going to wear out your starter and batteries.

Please take the time to download and read the TMs available here, especially the Operator TM, it will likely save you allot of money in the future, this machine has some procedures that are VERY specific to the HMMWV,, just one example is if you do not wait at least 90 seconds every time you turn the run switch off before turning back into the run position you can fry the EESS and glow plugs, and again that is only one example.

You will find a large group of people here willing to help and share their experiences with you!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks