• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine Trouble

army_man15

Ok guys maybe you can help me with this one,
I was driving down the road in my deuce when a loud bang went off and now the engine (multifuel) sounds like its backfiring ALOT, I checked the timing and it's spot on, there was no "popping" out of the intake to indicate a blown head gasket, and it only does this under load, it won't do it just by reving up the engine. Could the injector pump be bad or could a valve seat have come loose or is there another thing that may has happened I cannot think of? My daily driver broke down so I was driving this truck around and now this has happened, I just can't win :cry:. If you guys could help me figure this problem out, it would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. If needed I can post a video of the truck driving down underload, making the sound.

badgmc56

Hard to tell without hearing it but I would take an educated guess that you lost a cylinder or partially lost it. Possible bent pushrod or broken rocker arm. A look under the valve cover would not hurt. May even be a broken valve spring.

army_man15

I had already checked the valves, pushrods, valve adjustment, and rockers all seem to be working fine except No. 5 rocker doesn't seem to be oiling, like all the others.