• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fifth wheel hitch on 1028

hotdogs151a2

Mr. southdave:
I made and installed a gooseneck type (2-5/16" ball) hitch in my M-1028.
I know there is fifth wheel hitch assembles available. You could
check with the RV dealers for info.
Thanks, Pvt. Hotdog

Attachments

southdave

Interesting photo considering a TSC-93 van will fit in a C-130 mounted int eh back of a HMMWV. The trailer seems pointless. Use your support truck to get around. Plus that looks like a gooseneck, not a fifth wheel.
It is fifth wheel lol I know what you mean, how ever I did see some tandem trailers with a huge box on it, in contractor yard in Bedford, In.

Atwater

What kit did you use ?

1400 b&w fits 73-87 chevys +gmc. unlike their other kits it requires drilling the frame.
if you go to the b&w site you can look at the instructions for the kit.
personally after getting the kit and looking at it i think i could have built a better hitch as the hitch sits on top of the frame and is held there by only 4 carriage bolts.:evil: oh it is probally just fine but i like my hitches to be just about bomb proof2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks