• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Final questions for pickup

chuck500cc

Ok, I have a list of items to take with me. In know that this has been covered but some of the TM's won't open/download for me. I won't to make sure the part #'s a valid and I need one I can't find.

Also, is GL1 15w40 or the 80/90w gear oil?

Here is what I got:
primary fuel filter PN3511
secondary fuel filters PN3512 x2
compressor belt PN25-9510 (dose it need two?)
air filter PN2837
alternator belt PN25-9470 (dose it need two?)
oil filter PN133 x2
thermostat PN358-180
WIPER BLADES???? PN??????
Coolant mixed correctly

What type of grease for the grease gun?

Is there any DOT 5 brake fluid that IS petro based?

Is there any other items other than tools and the like I am forgetting?

Chuck XD Fan

Other than the other common supplies is there

Capt.Marion

Never mind on the oil, I was wrong, as I had suspected.

For the grease, just get a couple of tubes of the usual Heavy Duty stuff. I get mine at Northern Tool. If you have an air compressor that you can bring with you and run it, I would recommend going and getting an air-powered grease gun. They are truly great.

JohnnyReb

Not in the way of supplies but tools....don't forget buckets because if you change the fuel/oil filters on the premises some of the bases are very picky about spills......Anniston AL made sure we wiped excess grease from fittings so it would not drop or be slung on the ground when we moved. I don't blame 'em....protecting public property.

chuck500cc

There has been some discussion on 80/90w or 50w for the gears. Suggestions? I have the bottom 3rd of a 55 gallon drum cut out for fluid changes. I am lucky, I work for a car dealership in the DFW area, in the service dept. Lots of perks. [thumbzup]

Chuck XD Fan

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: Final questions for pickup

chuck500cc said:
There has been some discussion on 80/90w or 50w for the gears. Suggestions? I have the bottom 3rd of a 55 gallon drum cut out for fluid changes. I am lucky, I work for a car dealership in the DFW area, in the service dept. Lots of perks. [thumbzup]

Chuck XD Fan
Yes, what are the specs on GL1?, and does GL3,4,5 cover GL1?

chuck500cc

Re: RE: Final questions for pickup

FMJ said:
chuck500cc said:

Chuck XD Fan
Yes, what are the specs on GL1?, and does GL3,4,5 cover GL1?
Great question. I am still looking for the part # for the wiper blades. I will be driving this thing over 500 miles on the first trip home with back up of corse. I have back up for the unexpected, but, I just want to put my best foot forward when leaving. I will have spare parts for just about any breakdown. How about brake line hoses? Size, suggestions?

Chuck XD Fan

ida34

RE: Re: RE: Final questions for pickup

Wiper blades are a military only thing unless you change out th whole arm. Do a search. It has been done before. Gl1 is 90 weight and I think GL5 is 80/90. The important thing is to get some lube that is kind to yellow metals. Do a search also as I forgot the wording you have to look for. I think it was MT1. Don't just get 80/90. Make sure it is MT1 compatible and you should look for GL5 or GL1. There are Napa part numbers in other threads.

JohnnyReb

RE: Re: RE: Final questions for pickup

GL1 is the same as the old fashioned mineral oil that you can get at Farmers supply (i.e. Feed and Seeds, etc.). Some fellas have upgraded to syns. and more modern lubs.
As ida stated, there are numerous threads on the subject. However, for the pickup only....mineral oil will do the job.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks