• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First mod - pyro gauge

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I had this gauge laying around and had a clamp on style thermocouple laying around. So I decided I'd toss it on the deuce so I can have a clue what's going on in the engine. I'd like to have a pre-turbo thermocouple, but free is better...

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've got a 0-60psi boost gauge laying around here too. But I don't think these engine see more than 10psi. I need to see I can find someone that'd trade it for a smaller boost gauge.

I'm kinda of gauge freak. The dodge has an onboard monitor with it's "chip". (I've got it watching EGTs, Trans Temp, Coolant temp, fuel temp, oil pressure, and boost) I've also got a fuel pressure gauge, turbo drive pressure, and boost pressure gauge. The wife's CRD liberty has a BD X-monitor watching the boost and EGTs on it.

I'm thinking I'd also like to put a fuel pressure gauge on the deuce as well so I can keep tabs on the filters.

cessnatwin

Billy Bobbed I have the same gauge that you do! I like it very much and it has gotten soaking wet several times and turned off, but always works when dried out! What is the max temp you get for a reading?

Chevyman_15237

Billy Bobbed & Cessnatwin-

How much did that setup cost you? I'm looking to do the same to my truck.... do you have any part numbers or anything of the sort?

Thanks,

Brian

Billy Bobbed

I gave around $100 on Ebay,Its a AUBER 1812.They sell ones with differant probes.I bought the one you can adjust the probes dept in the exhaust.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So I got to drive it today and checked the EGTs, on a long uphill run I was able to get it just up to 900F. (unloaded) I know post turbo tends to register 200-300F lower. I know from all my other diesels 1300F is the danger zone for continuous EGTs. Is that the same with the MF engines? I'm not seeing all that much smoke. And typical driving had temps between 600-700F. Much less when not under load. I'm kinda wanting to turn the pump up a flat or two. I know I need to get a boost gauge to see whats going on with the turbo though. (Only have a spare 0-60psi at the moment which would be useless for these engines)

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm trying the WMO for fuel right now. Today I was only able to get the EGTs up to 850F. I'm thinking I'll try turning up my pump next.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Turned up the pump a tad and installed a boost gauge as well. I'm able to get up to 8-9psi of boost. EGT's will creep up to 975-1000F lugging it up hills. Power is certainly up now!

Billy Bobbed

I turned mine at around 2 rounds not flats.I did a alot of turns to get to that point reading my EGTs.But don't go by my settings
every pump is set different.

Last edited:

mechanix

I turned mine up 4 flats before going and getting my M105 trailer yesterday. Drove it through the Flint Hills along I70. Managed to get it up around 1050 degrees on the long hills. I hit 13 pounds boost for a brief moment. Otherwise it would usually peak at 12. Deffinately makes it a different truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks