• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flasher unit and a trailer

ssdvc

M1009. Class III with a 4 and 7 pin connector spliced in to the existing wiring. Everything works great, except when I plug my little 5x8 trailer in (any trailer) I get a very rapid flashing when I used the turn signals. Note, everything works as it should, it's just that the turn signal is very rapid. Is there a different flasher unit required or do I need to do something different?

Thank you.

ssdvc

OK, in daylight, you can't see the turn signal when activated. They are weak and it flashes very quickly. I am now on my third flasher unit. The one was an HD 552, the second was EL-12H and the latest is a LF-12. All of them were made for trailers and none of them have made a difference in operation.

The good thing is that the marker lights and brake lights work properly, so I am good to go. My mom just passed, so I have to use the trailer to haul furniture over the next few weeks to clear out her apartment.

Any suggestions on what the issue could possibly be. I don't think it is a problem with the flasher module. I have enough to deal with right now, so I would like to quickly put this issue to bed.

Thanks.

gottaluvit

[h=2][/h] I finally remembered to change my turn signal flasher. The one on it blinked so fast with the trailer attached that anyone behind me couldn't tell they were blinking if I had the brake on. I just switched with a civy truck I won't be using anymore. Was fine with no trailer.

The photo is the one I put in. It blinks nice and slow (normal).

This I copied and pasted from the cucv forum that I had replaced this last September. I don't know how to copy the link to put you there directly. My signals flashed just as yours do and putting this flasher in made it work perfect with all trailers. I hope this helps.

Jimcucv flasher.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks