• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fog Machine for Leak Detection?

DampLemonade

My truck has a slow air leak I'd like to patch up and I would like to find it (or them, plural?) the easiest way possible.

It seems to lose about 30psi per day, or if I park it after a drive, the tanks will drain after about 3-4 days. I was thinking about making some kind of fog machine hookup and pressurizing the truck with my garage air compressor, through the red gladhand.

Is this a terrible idea? Not sure if the oils would hurt anything in the system, or if it'd be okay if I just filled & drained the tanks a couple times with fresh air after noting the leaky spots. I have quite a bit of traffic on my street so listening to hisses for air leaks would be tough. I'd also prefer to not have to crawl around with a bottle of soapy water, but maybe I'm just being lazy...

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a VERY slow leak, it will be hard to pin point. I don't think a smoke machine will put enough pressure into the system to make it leak. Even using windex it will still be a tough one to find.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That would be a normal leakage of air for these trucks.
And it's a good idea to drain the air tanks when you are done for the day anyway, to blow out any moisture that may accumulate in the system. ;)

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks