• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Generator charging issue

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And let me, Add…the overrunning clutch is the standard, its There to alleviate strain on the generator shaft, the early serp system has an anti-jump off plate added to the PS pulley to prevent jump off, you will also notice the audible sound of belt chirping and a loud clunk when you turn off a fixed pulley truck early truvk, and even 400amp fixed pulley trucks, this is devoid on the clutch equipped trucks.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've figured out, this pulley is for the newer turbo humvees only I think, the big piece sticking out is blocking it from even with the other pulleys
that gold pulley is for the early serp on NA engines, it’s not used on the later serp system found on all ECV/REV trucks, they will not line up correctly on your ECV late style serp setup.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting, so you are saying there is no large solid pulley that will fit the ECV?
I guess maybe if you live and die by the book.

Not being listed does not mean it will not work, I Have the pulley listed above on my ECV engine and it works perfectly with the OEM ECV belt.
I have no idea where that pulley comes from as I cannot find that number in any of the parts TMs I have and a quick search of the NSN 3020-01-473-2048 on the web and it did not turn up a clear end use.

I am not sure why the ECM was fitted with an overrunning clutch I assume it is because of wear and tear on the belt,, but there is a pot load of A2s running around with solid pulleys and 200A alternators and they seem not to have excessive belt problems (the listed A2 pulley in the TM evidently will not work)

EDIT, I did search using the NSN number and it is listed as a pulley for the 100A, but it works on my ECV turbo engine with the 200A alt, and hey $39 shipped!!
If I had one of the 200A alternators with the overrunning clutch, for that small amount of money one would for sure be in my spares box.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder what's the chances of the overrunning clutch destroying your belt if it completely freezes up or try to turn the opposite direction
I do not see how it would try to turn the other direction, but seizing up would just be like having a solid pulley, the problem would be if it did not lock up and slipped, then it would generate allot of heat and ether burn the belt or maybe come apart.
But I have no idea if that has happened or not, but it does have bearings and bearings fail.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks