• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gilbert rally pic thread

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the 4th thread for Gilbert 2010(if your confused);-)

I didn't take any pics!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know who that was, strolling along, Sat morning? I hope he is OK. I heard he went out in an ambulance.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wasn't me. I heard about that. Glad I was still in the sack so I didn't get blinded by the sight.

Wasn't Downhill Bill either - though DHB was set up at the show.

Whitey

Wow. Glad I missed that sight! I was, however, glad to finally meet Doghead and Mrs. Doghead. I was hoping you actually looked like a resurected Elvis. Anyhow, good show.
8)

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whitey, you didn't give me a chance to sing. 8)

rickf

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I heard a guy talking to a security guard outside the facilities late Sat. and he was thanking the guys for getting him to the hospital. He mentioned that the doctors have no idea what happened. Maybe this was him?

Rick

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could be him.

When I noticed him, I thought he was just goofing off or something. Later, when I heard he had a problem, I felt really bad.

I wish I had known.

krall

streeker

I actually sold a piece of canvas to that man sat afternoon and walked him to his car, he said that the &@('n trucks coming in all at late times that night kept waking him up and didn't get no sleep so after his shower he though he put his cloths on but well obviously not.... anyways it was a great show... DUDE YOUR PICTURES F****in ROCK!!!!!!!

GamaGoatGirl

Here are some pics of unscheduled maintenance on the way to Gilbert! Clutch had slipped on a hill. Lance's truck had a recent rear main seal replaced and the oil seemed to be gear oil. So we chose to drain the oil down a little since it seemed to be too high. We were also concerned that the oil may have some water in it since the vent was missing from the top of the transmission. Also noticed the tell-tale rusty water marks slinging from the lugnuts and found several loose lugnuts. Lance had mentioned that he recently rotated his tires and properly torqued them at that time, but a re-torque was needed! Good reminder to check your lugnuts frequently.

Attachments

LanceRobson

OR, if you have a wife, let HER check your nuts.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa.
She might be wiling to do that Gimpster but she'd want to use the 1" impact wrench....

As Amy wrote, I had rotated the tires and even though the -10 statess to retorque the nuts after 50 miles I didn't. I guess I'll have to come out of retirement and put myself on report!

The clutch cleaned right up with a can of brake cleaner. Other than the little bit of oil in the clutch the truck ran fine. This was my first road trip of more than 70 miles with his truck and it seems to have averaged about 8.3 MPG with a fair load and towing an M105A2 trailer that had about 800 pounds in it. I figure that's pretty good considering the hills on the route. I think matching the rear tires for height helped the mileage some.

Lance

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks