• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plug module question

rfischba1

Is there a source for a new Glow Plug module? we have replaced and tested just about everythng on this truck and still will not start. once its started it runs great. Replaced GP's, temp sensor switch, relay on fire wall, checked fuel system , no leaks. Could a bad module be the problem?

Were can I buy a new GP Controller Card?

mangus580

Have you gone through general diagnostics of the glow plug system?

• Is the glow plug relay activating when you turn on the key?
    • if so, how long is it on?
    • When its on, what is the voltage at the glow plugs?
    • have you confirmed the glow plugs are heating up?

If you really want to keep tossing parts at it - Frontline had them last I knew...

leisman7

Have you gone through general diagnostics of the glow plug system?

• Is the glow plug relay activating when you turn on the key?
    • if so, how long is it on?
    • When its on, what is the voltage at the glow plugs?
    • have you confirmed the glow plugs are heating up?
If you really want to keep tossing parts at it - Frontline had them last I knew...
Im also curious about this.
When testing how long should they be on?
what should volts read at glow plugs?
and are you testing from the point you turn the key with out attempting to turn the engine over?

grayw0lf

Is there a source for a new Glow Plug module? we have replaced and tested just about everythng on this truck and still will not start. once its started it runs great. Replaced GP's, temp sensor switch, relay on fire wall, checked fuel system , no leaks. Could a bad module be the problem?

Were can I buy a new GP Controller Card?
Where did you find your temp sensor switch? I haven't had much luck.