• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

glow plug solonoid?

stevee

I have a 86 cucv. Truck started fine this morning. Last month swapped in a C code 6.2 with the corect glow plugs.Truck is still 24v. a mile into the drive this morning the wait light and water in fuel light began flickering accompanied by an occasional clicking sound. Also the #2 gen light would light up and go off now and again. I drove a bit longer and all the lights and clicking stopped and the truck ran fine again. Truck sat at work today and when i wnt to start it no wait light or click that usually happens after the wait light goes off. The truck does crank but wont start. Im going to test the generators tommorrow but if they are fine is there a glow plug solonoid somewhere i can check? Each battery was reading about 12.6. thanks

tbearatkin

drop down a few forums and look on the CUCV forum if you search you will find you answer and then some. Still new here as well so I do not want to give you and bum information. But I would check and make sure my GP were all still good. Detail instruction are down on the CUCV forum. IT takes about 5 min to check them.