• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plug sysem failure question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cucvrus

WOW I am so lost in this thread. I must just be a dumb country boy. I never had this many problems in 30 years with any of the cucv vehicles I drive or have driven. I never had to think so hard as to what to change to make something that works still work after I changed it. I had glow plugs fail don't get me wrong. I even had glow plugs fail and when I went to remove them I removed the inner fender and injector to get the plug out. I remember having a glow plug failure and not knowing what happened till the next day when it would not start. I remember pulling out of the driveway and the truck tapping very loudly like a stuck injector and then do it once more a couple miles later. The next day when it did not start. i pulled the glow plugs out and found one that had no tip at all. Just the chrome threads and head. That was a wellman plug. I never used a 60 G I always use AC 13 G GP's. Anyway Good Luck. Read the CUCV Electric glow plug book and repair the existing system. I read it like a Bible to proper glow plug operation.

Skinny

Yikes

Let's not start a holy war over glow plug preferences. There are advantages to different setups, each person has their reasons to run it a certain way. I think the OP should be informed, perform his own due diligence, and take it from there. I'm not sure this subject matter is something to start launching missiles over.

Cheers

cucvrus

No I really don't think you do understand. But thats OK to. I will keep rolling the way I have been and that has always worked for me and my own. You keep the parts people in business and my hats off to you for that. I just never on any vehicle that I ever owned CUCV or other wise changed the intended design or operation of any system. When things failed as they do under normal use. I always replaced the failed part and moved on. It made it so much easier for the next guy and myself to properly diagnose and repair the next problem. It worked for 30 years. I still buy CUCV trucks from goverment auctions , barns and yard sales. I find it easier to replace the failed part then to redesign the system the part failed on. Thats OK that you do it no problem. If it works for you no problem again. It is when a newbie ask about something and from asking he is not very well experienced on these trucks. That he begins to cut and change and convert his unit into the ones that I see at local garages and sitting in peoples yards that do not run and have everything messed up on them. I get calls from people I don't even know and have never met. They want sound advise. Many times it is a small issue and then gets so involved that they don't know where to start and where to begin. Then they think these trucks are junk. I get notes on my wiper blades already asking questions where they can get this and that and how you done this. I just think it is fair to give the unknowing sound advise and not always lead them down the road of change this cut this out. It was designed and worked fine for years fix the issue don't change it. You guys are always hard on read the TM'S. I don't think you practice what you preach. I am not trying to offend you in any way. But with that being said. I will stop ranting and continue on down the road as always. OEM all the way. Have a good day. Good Luck. I am not starting any holy wars or lauching any missles. Just trying to help out any new guys so they don't convert a minor issue into a major pile of scrap.

Skinny

OEM all the way...yeah maybe if it was made in Japan where if it fails, they cut the engineers hand off for designing it that way...

MarcusOReallyus

OEM all the way...yeah maybe if it was made in Japan where if it fails, they cut the engineers hand off for designing it that way...
Oh, so that's what "kaizan" means! Ha! In all those "Total Quality" classes they tried to tell us it means "continuous improvement"!

Sneaky buggers!

:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.