• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got an idea Came across Parts

I love my m1008 but with the 456 gears im not sure what i have for options of wheel combos as i dont want to kill the 6.2 i also know at 155 hp its not a speed motor i came across a set of front and rear axles from a cucv blazer havent bought them just curious Would it be feasible to swap those axles under my m1008 seeing as how they had 3.08 gears and was 6 lug and better on the highway or have yall got ideas with leaving 456 gears i probably wont be towing anything heavy i just want to be able to run highway speed im lost in that dept any info combos yall have run personally im open for suggestions

As of right now the truck looks to be stock height and suspension looks to be intact accept for the rear looks like it was put in off center wont know till i get on the lift in the garage

Last edited:

gvaneck

I don't think that would be a good idea. The axles in your truck are much heavier duty and putting the blazer axle would be taking a step back. You can just put different gears in it.

JAsher45

i would just change out the gears and not the axles 3.43-3.73 ish range.. the 3.08 would mean you have to change out the carrier in the axle

I don't think that would be a good idea. The axles in your truck are much heavier duty and putting the blazer axle would be taking a step back. You can just put different gears in it.
i would just change out the gears and not the axles 3.43-3.73 ish range.. the 3.08 would mean you have to change out the carrier in the axle

Thanks for the info Well with that being said whos a good gear vender yall have had good experiences with that and do anyof ya know the best wheel combo for the 373 or 456 if i end up leaving them

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
IMO...
The BEST thing about a 1008 is the gear ratio & stock axles.

and

The WORST thing about a 1009 is the gear ratio & stock axles.

M1008 + 35"or 37" tires=:mrgreen:

My first choice would be 37" on HMMWV beadlocks (will require spacers)

JAsher45

i guess it all comes down to what do you intend to use this truck for... daily driver ... work truck... ect.. there is just alot of options if you want to keep the orignal stance and look of the truck go with gearing... if you are wanting to use it off road then lift it, give it bigger rubber, and trim some fenders. ... with gears you can always take it back to orignal the options are endless

84cucv1ton

what about this. i picked up a set of h2 rims and tires from a shop a few towns away. tires are about 35" tall. pretty much new. 5 for 600. got them from a tire shop. guy bought some 22" chrome rims. they are on a 1 ton suburban. fit well. look ok.. price was good. just a thought

Decision made with all the input yall gave me and some other research i have done Im gonna leave the truck the way it is for now THANKS YALL VERY GRATEFUL For the info :)

Ok Now is the questions lol At this moment The truck has 318 75 16s on the Front and 285 75 16s on the rear The front tires must have been rubbing at some point previous owners cut the bottom of the front fender behind the front tire out for clearence I was wandering i wanted to not have to cut fenders if possible so How much of a lift is required for me to run 35 or 37s and who makes a good lift kit i prefer suspension lifts only as i helped a buddy of mine do a body lift on a k30 and i wasnt impressed

2nd will 35 or 37s allow me to run around 55 at least im just curious