• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my Deuce

mechanix

Went and got my Deuce toda at Ft Riley. Won it on 8-12. Got my EUC on 8-26. Pretty fast from what I have read. First time buyer also. It's a 1970 Kaiser with a LDT465-1C. Had already been running before I got there. Opened the hood to check fluids and it was already warm. So the batteries were up. A little low on anti freeze. No brakes though. Filled it up and bled the fronts. Needs front wheel cylinders for sure. Wheels were stained from the fluid. Got some pedal and proceded to drive it home about 55 miles. Seemed to run better the more I drove it. Had around 3/4 tank of fuel. I added one can and a bottle of Power Service.

6x6guy

Congrats on your purchase, and many more developing problems with your truck in the future,
it's going happen- just a matter of time. :roll:

mechanix

I think I got lucky. Bought it sight unseen. They called me yesterday and said someone was there to pick it up and wanted to make sure. Nope I dont have anyone who is supposed to be getting it for me. Sounds like that could be a good scam. If it would work. Good luck on yours. Gonna drive or tow? I only had marginal brakes but not many stops going down I70.

Flyingvan911

I went up and checked mine out a few weeks after I won it. A buddy who has a deuce went with me as a technical advisor. It starts great and the brakes feel firm. No leaks and all fluids spot on. My EUC was submitted 4-14 and they are still waiting on the demil papers. If the truck was crappy I would have had them cancel the sale. This truck is in great shape and i got it for a great price so I am just going to have to bend over and smile. I think I will call today to be sure no one has tried to pick mine up.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks nice! Brakes often need work, are an easy fix, but critical, so check them every time before you move the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks