• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

H1 tires

Cucvnut

you can fit them with a small lift and fender trimming one of the guys on here is running jsut a off road design zero rate block only and he has 38's. are you running stock H1 rims ? if so you need to recenter the rims or use spacers ( i dont like that )

Samyguy

I guess I should have said this is on a pickup truck/M1008 .M1008 is that right?
On the net it is amazing the diffrent answers you can get.

AJMBLAZER

I had them on mine with no lift, slight trimming, GM 16.5" wheels, and a bit of adjusting of the right turn steering stop. The key is to keep them under the body and not sticking out.

I'm the one that has the narrow 38's and 1" of front lift now. More cutting but nothing drastic. I'm going to relocate the front axle 1" or 1.5" forward and then I should be totally clear up front. The tires just barely brush the rear of the wheel well housing. Doesn't do anything but centering the tire and axle in the wheel well will get rid of this issue.

Samyguy

How bout the gearing? will it pull with those 37s .I'm thinking Banks turbo, have about a 3 1/2 ton load to pull, some mountains
thanks for the help

AJMBLAZER

It'll pull but with 37's you're basically like a stock civy truck with 3.42 gears. It won't be a power house but it will be fine.

You have to remember the military truck was geared stupid low so it could pull a M101 trailer and have eight guys in the back all day long at 35mph. It's not a modern truck that doesn't blink at 7000lbs and freeway speeds.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks