• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Halftrack Brakes - Brake boost needed

dfanders

Gents,

We have a M2A1 halftrack that was "modfied" if times past. It has a Ford engine, tranny, transfer case. The brakes line only run to the rear. The front lines had been removed , and we only have the flexiable brake lines of the wheels. I have the orginal master cylinder. The hydrovac unit is gone. The track will stop, but you better have palnned on that stop in advance !

We are going to reconnect the front brakes. I am looking to add in a brake boost of some kind. I am thinking about changing out the master cylinder to a dual stage version( current one is only a single stage) so that if a line gets cut, i don't lose all the brakes. I understand that when tring to stop 9 tons, i need some help at the brake pedal in the form of brake boost.

So ..
1) Any suggestions on aftermarket dual stage master cylinders ?
2) Brake boost suggestions?

Don't worry about keeping this orginal, as it is never going to win a show with the "modifaction" that have already been made...

Pics are of the master cylinder
HT engine
My 7 year old daughter cleaning the tracks - pressure washers are fun !

Attachments