• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Harley Davidson dealer MV sponsored event.

64c30

PNW Harley Davidson dealer MV sponsored event. South Puget Sound

Ever wanted to show off your green stuff at a Harley Dealer? Here's your chance.

During a collectibles show a couple months ago at the Fife Harley store, the dealership owner, Ed Wallace was impressed with the 5 ton. We talked awhile about SS and PSMVCC, and he was a bit surprised at the number and various models and eras of Mil vehicles in our area. He asked if we'd be interested in an event/show featuring our vehicles. I said I'd throw it out and see what comes of it.

So, how many of you would like to show off your rigs, and what would be the best date in March & April for you to participate? It can be either a Saturday or Sunday. The store opens at 1000 hrs, but we'd probably need to be there at least 1/2 hr hr earlier for set up.

Let me know ASAP so I can inform Ed and he publicize the event with as much lead time as posssible..

Last edited:

64c30

Hey folks, what date works the best for you?

For me, Mar 11th is out as I'll be at the 4x4 swap meet at the Puyallup fairgrounds, and the 31st for the Mil swap meet At Olympia airport.

For a target date, how does April 7th (subject to adjustment) sound? Or April 21st as an alternate?

Let me know soon so I can get the event set up with the store owner and he canget it publicized.

Last edited:

ABN173

I will be back from Afghanistan in late March, so April works better for me. I could even put my V-rod in the back of my M1008. Ask your friend if I can get a discount on my 5k service I'm a tad over due :-?.

-Dale

64c30

I will be back from Afghanistan in late March, so April works better for me. I could even put my V-rod in the back of my M1008. Ask your friend if I can get a discount on my 5k service I'm a tad over due :-?.

-Dale
Looking forward to seeing you again Dale.

Personally, I'm leaning toward April 21st.

As for the discount, both the Harley dealers I've been frequenting offer 10% discounts to Vets. I'm not a bit bashful about using those discounts.

wsucougarx

I'm on vacation during that time. If we don't go on vacation as planned I'll be there. Plans were to head to Disneyland...well, that was before my wife became pregnant:p. If she's miserable in a couple months, we're not headed south.

64c30

Do we have a solid date yet?
What are the details and location?

April 21st @ 0900. It's being held at the Harley Davidson store in Fife.

At the last collectible show I participated in with the 5 ton, displays were voted on and awarded prizes.

All participants are asked to be there at 0900 in order to get parked, and be in place for safety concerns. When weather is good, and there's a scheduled event at a Harley dealer, there's a LOT of motorcycle traffic.

kurtkds

Yes Scott, that's what I was thinking, there are a few little things I want to take care of before the event just gotta wait for some drier weather. LOL