• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

heated leather seats and carpet intalled video

Akicita

Parlusk,
That looks really great. I'm surprised you got Caddie seats into the Deuce. I have had several Caddies over the years and they all had large seats - larger than the standard military seat. Also, I'm curious how you mounted the seats. Do they sit on springs, did you install air bags, or what did you do ?

srodocker

really nice setup. im in the process of collecting the parts for doing my interior. i have 2 springer seat bases now that i'll mount new seats on. having my buddy look at a junkyard tomorrow from some black leather seats. did you put anything underneath the carpet?

Heavysteven

Nice install, I have been happy though with my spring seat and bench seat. The stock bench seat folds up and down. Plus the back side has diamond plating for soldier b to stand on.

Nice job[thumbzup]

post a video when you install that invertor. I would love to see how that works out.

Attachments

parlusk

really nice setup. im in the process of collecting the parts for doing my interior. i have 2 springer seat bases now that i'll mount new seats on. having my buddy look at a junkyard tomorrow from some black leather seats. did you put anything underneath the carpet?
the carpet as a waterproof layer of some type on the bottom of it.. it is some poly mixture..

colelkhunter

where did you locate the automotive grade carpet? I have seen some in auto parts stores, but it is more like speaker box carpeting with no backing. I spent most of the day today installing a set of toyota Tundra bucket seats in my bobber. Very smooth installation. Springer and cutdown bench for passenger. Got any ideas on the center console? I would like to see some pics, as I will start on that after the battery box that I am making to fit under the passenger seat.

parlusk

where did you locate the automotive grade carpet? I have seen some in auto parts stores, but it is more like speaker box carpeting with no backing. I spent most of the day today installing a set of toyota Tundra bucket seats in my bobber. Very smooth installation. Springer and cutdown bench for passenger. Got any ideas on the center console? I would like to see some pics, as I will start on that after the battery box that I am making to fit under the passenger seat.

i built and awesome center console bit i am pretty sure it is to big there is a video of it on here.. a buddy of mine had the carpet in his basement... ya the seats went in a lot smother than what i thought they would.. i will try to get some pics

jarhead1086

I put a black leather air ride from a Kenworth (Bostrom Seating AIR-715E) in mine. It has a perfect width and depth to fit in a Deuce. I removed the arm rests since they are in the way and would not be used. That gives room for my M-16A1 carbine between the seat and the door. I hooked up the air at the air shift lever as others have done. I cut the base off the spring seat and welded it to this seat so I didn't have to monkey with the mounting and so I can take it to another Deuce easily just in case. The new OD green paint from Milspray looks purty next to the black leather. I cut rubber floor mats from heavy duty truck mud flaps I got cheap from Cal-Ranch.