• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater/heat output M1009

11Bfore

I'm looking for input on heat people are getting from their heaters. I'm getting heat but I would guess it's somewhere between 50 and 60 degrees. This is enough to defrost the windows and keep me from see my breath in the cabin. I do have some air leaking out as I drive but it's not a lot. With the outside temp at 20-30 degrees and driving about an hour it's still cold in the cabin. Is it time for a new heater core or is this typical? Thanks.

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may want to read some of the Similar Threads found near the bottom of this page.

There is lots of information on here from people that have found various reasons (and cures) for the low heat issue common to CUCV's.
A little bit of searching and reading will help you diagnose and repair your vehicle.
Karl

ssdvc

Use the search, it is your friend. That said, even with a bad heater core (leaking) I got really good heat in 10 degree weather. With the new AutoZone Spectra Premium core, proper installed, I still get good heat at zero.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks