• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello! Fuel Line parts troubles. Sources ?

JesseJaymes

Hey everyone. Been reading for a while and was finally able to register.

I just procured my M1008. Was used for a while for a city maintanance truck in Colorado.

I posted on a different forum as I was having some troubles with the truck and was unable to register. It was suggested I replace the lift pump.

I began to tackle it last night. I did use a line wrench on the brass hard line fitting on the pump. Well, it still stripped. Now I have headaches.

I quit before I lost all patience. I looked at it real quick this AM before work. I think that I may be able to take off the hard line with the pump attached?? Looks like I can take it off from the filter back and maybe snake it out from underneath the intake?

If so, I should be able to get the hardline out of the pump, but the fitting will be too mangled to use I would guess.

1. Is my line of thinking way off ?
2. Sound possible ?
3. Source for replacement fuel line ?

Jess

JAsher45

your best bet is to cut the line and pull the pump and get the fitting out then take the measurement of the line and make a new one. the ends are prone to seizing up in the pump. it is a low pressure line you could replace it with ruber but you would be better of making a new metal line and bending it yourself you should be able to get lines at any napa

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey Jess, I'm in Las Cruces, and have a parts 1008 I'd be glad to give you a hand with your problem.

Let me know,
Ed

JesseJaymes

Hey Ed-

I pm'd you, as I had seen posts from you prior and noticed Las Cruces. I would sure appreciate being able to buy the line from you. Would really help me out. PM me with contact info please

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
When did you PM me?, I don't see anything from you in my inbox. I sent my contact number to via PM

Ed

CCATLETT1984

ok, while not "correct" you can just cut the line where its easy to access and splice in your replacement line with a piece of fuel rated rubber. There is only ~7psi running through the line, so its not an issue for sealing.