• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Houston HMMWV shop recommendation? - engine swap (6.2 for 6.2)

Jeffmcclan

Can anyone recommend a Houston, TX shop that can swap a 6.2 diesel engine in a M998?
Pull existing 6.2 and install another 6.2 from crate due to Houston floods.

Last edited:

jackson76550

i have a shop in Sealy just down the road, id love to do the swap. 512 585 9270. Give me a call or text.

i had to swap mine out the other day so it wont be my first. Im a small time operation here but its a legitimate business, not just some guys shop, haha

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you thought of getting a engine hoist from harbor freight and doing it yourself? You will see it's not the most difficult job and learn a lot about the truck in the process. The manuals are easy to follow . Just my 2 cents

Jeffmcclan

Intake was above water. Apparently, water entered at the air filter gasket.

We have an engine hoist, and we could wait until the holidays to make it a father/son project. Other option (due to lack of time) is to have shop replace it now (so we can drive it again sooner). I'll give Jackson a call to discuss.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks