• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How Big is it? Extended height cargo cover for 5 Ton

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I just won a M809/M939 long bed cargo cover however this one states it is also extended height. When I was in the only extended height covers I saw were unit produced made up and usually two different fabric materials were used to make them. The last deuce I got had one and it was a Motor Sgt's ride and was the late 3 color top with green added on strips down each side and had a plywood rear wall with door. Pretty sure it is 20' long but how high/tall?

So does anybody know how much it was extended?

Only thing I have found is
Cover, Fitted, Vehicular Body, also referenced with federal logistics item name code 22374 - A fabricated removable textile item specifically designed to inclose or partially inclose vehicle body(ies), for the protection of cargo and/or personnel, from the elements. it may have opening(s) and/or windows of transparent material. see also cover (as modified) and top assembly, truck body, detachable. excludes tarpaulin and curtain, vehicular.
Cover, Fitted, Vehicular
2540-01-460-9165
12450242-7
Long Cargo Body / Extended Height
Tan

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Thanks for the info Phil I was going to use one of the USMC 7T tarps but with the longer sides this should work better, also thanks for the carport idea.
Sorry Jason but this is probably going to turn into a carport, I have a several of the heavy pipe cargo bow kits for the M1157 dump that I can mod with a little wielding to make a pretty nice one.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks