• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to advance odometer?

tremmert

Just purchased a replacement speedometer/odometer for my m998, and the new one shows 000 miles. I would like to advance the odometer to match the actual 41,000. I have been sitting here with a drill for quite some time, and this is going to take days by using my electric drill. Does anyone have any other methods?

Tom

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Most drills are in the speed range of 0-2000. Precision drills have spindle speeds from 10k-24k but might be hard to find to use for this. Do you have compressed air on hand? A pneumatic die grinder is a handy tool to have and spin about 10k rpm.

Jericho

Fairey god mother of all speedos, Most of us buy a new one to REDUCE mileage , some people SIC we now know who, buys one to INCREASE mileage LOL

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dremels as already recommended will spin far faster than a drill but I don't know are what speeds the gauge will get damaged. At a reading of 4 thousand miles per hour it will take all night to get there LOL

Mark

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When some trucks were rebuilt they just added a sticker or stencil near the speedometer that said add 41,000 miles or something like that.

tremmert

Thanks for the thoughts.. I have been running a drill, and that will take weeks! I am worried about increasing the speed too much over 70mph, and destroying the new odometer. Ill look around for a gauge shop or just leave it as is. I was just worried what the state inspection shops will say...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks