• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How well can a bobbed deuce handle snow?

TruckJon

Greetings. Can someone with some deuce / snow experience tell me how well they work? how much snow can you go through? ie: how much fresh powder, or how much late winter snow that is hard and icy. I'm thinking a 4x4 deuce with monster tires. thanks. feel free to opine about anything closely related. thanks.

cruzinz28

I can say that since I bobbed my deuce it has made it a little light in the rear when I am backing up a steep hill. I've had to shift the front axle in to make a slow approach. I would assume it would take on the same characteristics of a Pick-up truck in deep snow, but with more ground clearance cause you can easily run 44" to 46" tires.

From my experience busting through both new powder and packed melting snow... You can go through a lot more fresh powder then the opposite packed icy snow that is left over after a couple days... but keep in mind.. if you get stuck and a winch won't get you out that is ONE BIG TRUCK to shovel out by hand!

SasquatchSanta

Bobbers are light in the rear. I have to leave my front hubs spun in (engaged) in order to back out of my driveway in the mornings. Once the 80W90 in the front end gets warm I could probably get out without the front axle engaged but I leave the hubs engaged in winter and reach for the air shift when I'm on a steep hill in snow pack.

I've got 46" rubber and with everything engaged I haven't had a problem going through 30 inches of powder but when I've done so I've kept my foot in the pump. At Cruzinz 28 said, these trucks require a lot of shoveling. I should add that I've drove in 30" of new snow while towing an 18 foot trailer with a Power Wagon chained to it. Just keep your foot in the pump and thumbs in the air

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks