• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

i think i bought my first deuce

mattyboy

I went to look at some trucks yesteday. guy had lots of iron lying around.
the truck i am interested in is a 68 kaiser whisteler. it is just a cab and chasis , hardtop sandblasted last year and parked. we could get motor to turn but was starved for fuel (had not run in a year) he told me 3k for truck told him was too much for cab and chassis only.....well called him today and told him get it running so i can test drive and throw in a m105 trailer for my bob parts and he said DEAL!!
the wiring for the lights looked like it needed a few things but i hope no biggie. i plan on bobing it with 105 springs and blocks. is there anything to look for specifacaly. truck did not appear to have any leaks but after sitting for a year any leak would have a expired life by now. i should have no problems. with going this route right? i will post pics when i go out there next week.

the only downside is i will have to sell my unicorn to finance this project (kel tec RFB 308 bullpup

If you're gonna bob it, another option aside from lift blocks is cut the section of the M105 frame in front and behind the springs and bolt that section to the bottom of the truck chassis. Then you don't have to worry about lift blocks and the extra leverage they can exert on the U-bolts. Later on, should you decide to go triangulated 4-link or Peterbilt air-leaf suspension later, all ya gotta do is unbolt the M105 section and start anew. Also, if you remove the trunion assembly and leave the bogie plates riveted to the truck frame, you can use them to align and bolt to the M105 frame section. That's my plan for my 72 KJ M35A2 I'm bobbing soon. Good luck with that project!
:beer:

mattyboy

also couple other wierd things exhuast is run under truck and fuel tank is where the spare is. i assume that its just been wrenched on in its 40 year life

Jimma

It may have had a tank on the back. Some of the ones with lower exhaust were that way. I have a friend who had one, he sold the aluminum tank and it looked like you described. Who knows?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks