• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ideas and opinions needed for upcoming event in western Ohio

recon4ww2

I am involved with the planning of an upcoming military event in Troy, Ohio that will include aviation attractions, military vehicles, reenactors, living history displays and demonstrations. I would like to ask you all for some advice / opinions.

1. Last year the committee chose to send a small cash stipend to all of the registered vehicle owners. I don't feel that in most cases this is necessary. Our budget is not that large so this, I believe puts an unnecessary strain on it. I also feel the most vehicle enthusiasts "live for " these events and if they bring their vehicles by their own free will there should be no need for compensation. We do have some "star" attractions that we have invited ( M4A3E8 Sherman tank, LVT and one families large collection of vehicles) so I do understand the need to pay invited guests to cover their expenses. What are your thoughts and opinions on this?
  2. We need some ideas for hands on activities for younger kids, such as a booth where they camo paint/ makeup their faces. Vehicles rides would be great but then you have to worry about liability issues. So, lets hear so of your ideas or tell us what other events you know of do for kids.
  3. Lastly, just any ideas or suggestions for what you would like to see at a military event.
Thanks,

Mike Haines
1943 WC62

WACOMILITARY.COM
WACO Aircraft Museum - Homepage
http://victoryineurope.yolasite.com/