• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Identification plate font

NormB

This guy might know:
http://mvdataplates.com

I did a websearch for "US military ID plate font" and came up with a LOT of pictures, nothing on which specific font should be used (san serif, times roman, or pica size, nothing).

There's likely to be a printer's user's group or website where, if you posted up a photo of and ID plate with height/width (use a caliper) of the letter, someone will take up the challenge and tell you what font is used. A knew a guy years ago in LA who ran a print shop. He once said something about prospective employees needing to know at least 100 different font types before he'd consider hiring them.

You figure there'd be SOMEwhere on DoD websites stating this explicitly, but I don't know how to get there from here.

Hope at least some of this helps. I'm curious too.

Norm

Valiant

Thanks for the tip Norm!

I figured somebody here would know before trying to figure it out. I would think it would be a pretty standard font.

Ash

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks