• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Identifying parts with SC-x part numbers

papakb

I've been looking online for some explanation for researching part numbers that start with SC-A, SC-B, SC-C, etc that are commonly found on items in radio installation kits. You also see this on electronic components. Is there a method of tracking this stuff back to either a where used location or to a commercial part number in the case of a military transistor?

TIA, Kurt Lesser

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Hey Kurt,

SC is signal corps and most likely associates with the signal corps design drawing of the part.

Back in the old days, there was a supply catalog (might have been a supply bulletin or something else but I know it was a supply ____) that provided a list of all the components of all the different install kits. I used to have one of these but no longer. As for the older radio components with an SC, I don't think this catalog would help. They only were for showing the components of sets, kits, and outfits.

I know not the full answer you wanted but hope this helps some.

CARNAC

papakb

I had a feeling that the SC stood for Signal Corps but beyond that we're still in a mystery world. I think I will call Fort Monmouth on Monday and see if they can shed some light on the search.

Kurt

papakb

I know that the SB-131 lists all of the components in the installation kits by radio and vehicle but it would be nice if there was a "where used" catalog wouldn't it? My guess is that now that we have the computer capability to actually do something like this there's no money in anybodies budget to go back in and digitize all of the old data. At one time I had a "where used" SB but it was so cumbersome to use it wan't worth it. You would look up the NSN and that would take you to a vehicle code number and then another table would tell you what that vehicle was. I guess we can always dream of things that could have been now can't we?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks