• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector Pump Question for 94 6.5NA Humvee engine I am puting in to my M1009

Brogman

6.5NA replacing 6.2 M1009

The 24 volt IP solenoids Shut off and Cold start advance under the cover need to be changed to 12 volt. I get that. Do the 12 volt ones for the 6.2 work? There is no external high Idle solenoid on the 6.5 for cold temps. No wiring or hole to bolt it on the bracket. It was never there. My question: was it no longer required on the 6.5?

Last edited:

Barrman

Do you by chance have the electronic DB4 IP instead of the all mechanical DB2 IP? Or is this a surplus 6.5 going into a M1009?

If surplus, just swap the tops for the IP. Swap the throttle bracket as well since the HMMWV one is shorter and you will get about 30% throttle with the M1009 throttle pedal to the floor. Since that is what holds the fast idle solenoid, all fixed.

If DB4, I have no clue, sorry.

Brogman

Thanks Barrman. I know people have done this swap here. I was hoping to get help. It is a mechanical DB2. Was wondering if the tops would swap and also about the throttle bracket since they are different. I still would like to know why the 6.5 had no fast idle solenoid. Again thank you for the info.

Barrman

The civilian DB2 6.5 engines did have the fast idle solenoid.

Surplus 6.2 engines I have messed with had places to screw in the solenoid, but most solenoids stayed with the vehicle when the engines were swapped. I have a GEP 6.5 a few feet away right now. The throttle bracket looks like it will hold a fast idle solenoid. I haven't gotten that far with it and plan to swap out that bracket anyway.

Brogman

Sounds like the bracket has to be changed to get full throttle out of the M1009 throttle cable. The 6.5 I have doesn't have the hole in the bracket, so you would have to drill one to put the small bolt in for the solenoid. The other attachment for the solenoid is one of the bracket bolts. The 6.5 IP throttle lever has the pad that the solenoid would push against. I will change out with the 6.2. If the cold idle solenoid was not required for the 6.5 I would not use it. One less thing to go bad.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks