• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Inner liftgate window channel sweep/rubber

magicman

I have an '84 m1009, had a guy to come install new rear glass window but he noticed I had no rubber seal / window sweep on the channels inside the liftgate. He recommended not installing the glass cause it would be glass on metal. I have been searching online all morning to find the proper channel rubber strip but not sure which ones I need. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

joshuak

Notice that the glass channel or "part number ten" is sold with a seal.

Plenty of options for channel run on ebay, some even say "for Chevy"...

Rvitko

You replace the channels themselves, they don't have a rubber but what I always called "cat whiskers", it is like a brush, they are fairly easy to change but it does take some time as you have to get pretty far into the tailgate and have the glass out. LMC parts 38-6682 and 38-6683 $50 each. Believe me, I looked for alternatives, there really aren't any, I kept hoping I could just put a piece of that cat whisker in there, on older chevys like 57's you could, on this you can't.

cucvrus

I have been using the trim lock edge guard and have great results. I sent some to a couple members. Maybe they can speak up. But it is a direct fit and has no cloth to absorb moisture. Works well I have it in several M1009's I and others run. i did a write up with pictures in my Terminus M1009 thread. Check it out. Let me know I can send you some if interested. I have the inner rubber top seal and the outer window brush seal from rear over head doors. Not restoration quality but works better then $100. knock offs.

magicman

I have been using the trim lock edge guard and have great results. I sent some to a couple members. Maybe they can speak up. But it is a direct fit and has no cloth to absorb moisture. Works well I have it in several M1009's I and others run. i did a write up with pictures in my Terminus M1009 thread. Check it out. Let me know I can send you some if interested. I have the inner rubber top seal and the outer window brush seal from rear over head doors. Not restoration quality but works better then $100. knock offs.
Yes I would rather not buy new channels since mine are working fine just no rubber seal. Could you PM me I would be interested in buy those from you. Thanks!

cucvrus

I'm not selling them I am giving them away for trade. You just need to clean out the tracks good and get a good black adhesive and glue them in trim them to fit. I have to send a pair up to SgtHass also. I will ship them next Tuesday. PM me an address.

cucvrus

I don't have a PN. I saw the roll of Trim lok laying in a pile of obsolete parts that were being discarded the light bulb lite in my brain and I grabbed a few things. The roll off trim loc being one of them. I used it on several window trims/run channels and found it to work well. I used it in the door runs also., But not on restoration / nice stuff. Even thou it don't look bad. Beats a rattling jamming glass on doors and gates. It works great on the gate if you clean the tracks well and paint them. Check out my pictures in Terminus M1009 rebuild. I tried and was unable to load them again. I have a limited amount to share. Hope it helps someone else.