• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Installed my double gun mount kit

mikey

I bought a double gun mount kit from Saturn Surplus for about $46. I had it installed and ready for the range in under an hour with only one extra hole.

Some days I just can't believe it's legal to own such an bad a$$ piece of history.

Mikey

Attachments

jime

I put one in mine, too. I put the retro AR15 in it when I carry the War Heroes in the local parade. They have a ball playing with the Deuce, the AR, and the .50 before the parade starts. Then the stories start!

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Believe it or not, the new MRAP's don't have any gun mounts in them. The millitary constantly harped on not have ANYTHING that's not secured in them because of rollover's, but yet none had any where to stow a weapon. We had one guy who almost lost his arm when the door popped open going down the road. It had a bad latch and his weapon was leaning on the door and he grabbed it as it started to fall out. The door slammed shut on his arm as they went over a bump. (He should've had the door combat locked) Luckily he just have a bad laceration and severe bruises.

mikey

I put one in mine, too. I put the retro AR15 in it when I carry the War Heroes in the local parade. They have a ball playing with the Deuce, the AR, and the .50 before the parade starts. Then the stories start!
I wanted the as close as I could get to my USMC service M16A2. No scopes or red dots, 20" barrel, iron sights, fixed stock and still accurate to 500m. My dealer kept trying to convince me I wouldn't like it "retro". Semper Fi.

Thanks for the pix. I just got mine, and now I can install it correctly. :beer:
My kit was missing the instructions, so I turned to SS for the install. I looked at Mike's (wsucougarx) setup and another. Seems there is no wrong way to install the mounts that secure the guns (flat side up vs flat side down) so I went with what fit best where the buttstocks rested. I would advise you to see what fits best with your weapon(s). One thing I learned at the cost of a hole in my dash is to make sure you mark all holes to be drilled AFTER felling behind the dash. My first attempt was too high and the right bolt would have hit the defroster. I had to redrill my first hole. OOPS.

Here are the best installs I found:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/902060-post3.html

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/663397-post19.html

Mikey

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have had a couple of these kits on the shelf for a number of years. For some reason I just can't make myself install one. More than one of my trucks have had single mounts just inside the door against the dash.

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put that kit in my M37. Always leave my Moss. 590 in there. Farm truck and dog gun. I practice the three S's. Shoot- Shovel- Shutup!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks