• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IP install question?

Iamnewatthis

I got this beast in. It wasnt getting fuel to the injectors.
I looked down and noticed the rocker arm (not sure what its called) that is on the vacuum side was not attached at the bottom.
I swore my original was. But of course since i got the new one in and thought it was right, i have already sent my pump in for the core exchange.
I took the new one out thinking it was supposed to be screwed in at the bottom and guess what? it doesnt screw in. There is a set screw that seems to set the distance but it doesnt attach. I thought it was supposed too?
Also, fuel seems to be leaking out of the bottom of it.
Here is a bunch of pics, is this pump ready to go in?
I know i need the vacuum module on but other than that, what am i missing.
Any help please, it was nearly a psychotic episode after doing all that work and taking it back out again only to find i didnt need to?
pics-

Iamnewatthis

Ok so i took it back out for nothing.
It sucked and was disheartening but now
that ive done it so many times im good at it. lol.
When i took the original IP out it took me a whole day to take out and
a whole day to put the new one in.
Add another day to do the injectors.
This time it took me half a day to take it out and 3/4 of a day to put back in with lunch break
and test drive.
Ip is in.
On another note to aid others, when i realized the arm on the new IP didnt need to be attached
it dawned on me that I just hadn't cranked it enough to get the air out.
I read on here that others had gone thru a starter just doing that and being that i replaced mine just 6 months ago didnt want to burn one. Got to thinking and heres what i did.
Since the lines were all disconnected anyway I put a siphon pump from a can of fuel to each fuel line where they connect to the in IP , one at a time, I cracked the fuel lines at the injectors as perscribed
and then just pumped fuel into the line until i didnt see bubbles anymore at the injector. Tightened the line at the injector, and moved on to the next line until all 8 were done.
Did the same thing at the "in" line on the fuel filter with the out line on the pump draining in to the fuel filter.
It took about 4, 4 second cranks and the beast came to life.
Not to long at all.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks