• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jatonka Spin On Oil Filter Update

dabtl

With the recent posts on the leaking spin on filter adapters, I began watching my jatonka adapters more closely.

The weather here has gotten down to 9 degrees, which in Texas is unheard of, and we have had snow and ice all week. An honest lawyer cannot make a living if the court house is closed!

So, today, I began my regular routine maintenance running the engines in the deuces. They do not get much exercise other than parades or just for fun so I idle them ever couple of weeks.

After the install, and at the first oil change, I re-torqued the adapters. No leaks. I think the gaskets must be compressed in the install and shrink over time causing the leaks. The re-torque seems to end that.

Just so you guys would know.

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree, with PROPER installation torque and a proper re-torque at the first filter change leaking does not seem to be an issue.

Sure do like that oil pressure in <5 seconds....

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine were leaking after proper install and, in contact with Jatonka, I toqued them up quite a bit over the recommended install torque and have not had issues since (almost 2 years).

surfdog

Have not had any problems with mine despite the frigid cold temps. They've only been on a few months.

Also like the fast oil pressure rise!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks