• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just picked up my M1009

OldScout

Just picked up my M1009 from a fellow SS member, and already dreaming of the upgrades and maintenance I can dig into.

Right now I want to replace all the seals around the doors, cab, and top. I've found sources from LMC, the Truck Shop, and Classic Truck parts. Are any of those better quality than the other? Any other sources you like to use?

Thanks for the help, and hope I don't ask too many annoying questions as I do a rolling restoration.

IMG_1187.jpg

Tim

jrod66

I have had good luck with lmc truck, not familiar with the others, but it looks like a cool project. are you going to upgrade to 1tons? looks like you got some 37's on there already too

erniemigi

First Off welcome to SS, here you will find alot of info that other members have posted to get you threw any problems you may have, i recommend checking out the TMs, do some research before posting any questions as most that have been asked have already been answered, if you check out one of my post you will find a company that supplys all the parts for your Generators/alternators. P.S. Sweet looking CUCV

OldScout

Thanks for the info. Yes, those are 37's on there, standard 10 bolts. I'm already on the hunt for a Dana 60 and a 14 bolt, been reading the 'Axle Swap Question' thread with interest. Have a line on a D60 and a 14 bolt with 456's. Haven't figured out what that gearing and wheel size would do for my top speed though....

jrod66

with 456 gears and those 37's on some hummer double beadlocks you will have pretty good highway speed, and a nice combination for offroad too! any plans for the diesel? turbo or swap it out for a gas motor?

OldScout

Thanks for the welcome and info guys!

with 456 gears and those 37's on some hummer double beadlocks you will have pretty good highway speed, and a nice combination for offroad too! any plans for the diesel? turbo or swap it out for a gas motor?

Oh, I'm staying diesel for sure. I may drop a turbo in when my wallet recovers. :-D I live in fairly hilly terrain (we call 'em mountains here in the east), with elevations from 2000-6000'. I could use the extra power.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks