• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

KDS CR-2699 Protective Control Box Repair

Devinm

The Wait to start light stopped working on my truck, which also meant the glow plugs were not heating. The truck would still run but would crank for a long time then finally fire up and blow a large cloud of smoke. Clearly unburnt diesel. I did not want to start this way many times and knew I would have trouble in colder weather so I need to repair or replace the box.

My truck has the KDS Green Label CR-2699 box.

When I took it out of the truck I could hear stuff rattling around in it. I Opened it and found 1 Diode that completely came off the board and 1 capacitor that blew up.
Broken Parts.jpg
I bought 2 of each of these parts from Digikey.com for about $12 shipped to my house. After putting them in the box functions as intended.

It was hard to read the number since both parts blew up but this is what I found...
The diode looked to be 1.5KE47CA. I ended up getting 1.5KE47CARL which showed as an upgrade.
The Capacitor was hard to make out but I ended up with TAP475M050CCS. It is a 4.7uF 50V Tantalum Capacitor.

Repaired Board:
Repaired.jpg

Capacitor Orientation:
Capacitor Orientation.jpg

Diode Orientation:
Diode Orientation.jpg

I hope this information helps someone fix their PCB.