• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lifting Bracket

FrankUSMC

Looked at a Marine M35 that had two lifting brackets on it. The lifting bracket is the one that is between the two rear wheel assemblies. It is hooked into the side of the truck and pinned at the top of the rear springs.
So, how do I get them off? The pin does not go thought bracket like the pins for the shackels do. Is the pin welded into place or is it just a tight fit? Will a big hammer get them off?
Thanks for any help.
Not as lean, not as mean, but still a Marine. Frank

fredrader

Soak them with PB Blaster and take a punch and a big hammer and hit the pin in the center so you don't peen the housing..It has a ball detent in the pin..

FrankUSMC

Thanks! when I saw the brackets I knew I wanted them so before I departed the area, I gave them a long shot of penatrating oil. I will try to remove them on my next visit.
One of the few, Frank

treeguy

Does anyone know how to release a stuck detent ball. I have the pin out, but the ball is stuck in the hole and will not spring back out. I have been soaking it with PB but to no avail, my next try was going to be heat. :confused:

KsM715

Keep soaking and hammer on the end to get some vibrations in the pin to allow the PB to soak under and work the rust loose.

treeguy

Wooooooo, you confused me. To which pin do you speak?
I have the lifting pin out, then I noticed the detent was flush to the yoke so thats when the spraying and tapping on the detent started, the detent never popped back out, now it is a little into its channel and won't come out. Oh I beat the ba-geezes out of the yoke, well maybe not that much, but some. Thats why I was asking about heat. I appreciate you input, thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks