• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Locking hubs

Rich Johnson

The bearings on my front left wheel went out and took my locking hub with it. Blew the insde of it apart.

Im having trouble finding a locking hub for the truck. The couple places I know of that I go for parts dont have them.
Has anbody got a source for CUCV parts or just got an extra hub assembly they could part with. All the civy places want to sell me a set for way too much.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is the outer ring and plastic actuator OK? I may have the internals for one hub. This isn't an M1009 is it?

Rich Johnson

Its a 1008a1.
I am not sure if the whole external half is good or not, but the internal part that goes behine the snap ring is what sheared apart. Sears put it back together and I just have the broken parts in a bag. The cap is screwed on the outside just fine. I havent had the truck long enough to have looked into the hubs so I cant picture the whole set up.
I would think that I should just get a whole inner and outer locking hub assembly.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rich,
WARN should make a replacement hub for you. I can't tell you where to get one in your area, but I'm SURE you can do an internet search and come up with several retailers.

DokWatson

The hubs aren't CUCV specific, you can get them just about anywhere. Hubs aren't cheap, warn premium hubs are 220$ a set. Might as well do it right, replace both sides so you don't have some cobbled together axle.

Last edited:

Rich Johnson

The truck is breaking the bank. I just want one stock hub to put it back together. Im tired of going broke on it right now. If I could keep this truck running then I can eventually fix my m38a1 carb and get back to getting my m37b1 on the road.

ODdave

find a ford with a TTB dana 50 in the junk yard, you should be able to get the pair of hubs for far less than $50, slap some black paint on them and be on your way !!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks