• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lockout hub problem

recon

I have a '71 kaiser m35. About a year ago or so I put an AVM lockout hub on the front rear axle. Just recently I took the Deuce out for a drive after sitting for a month. The axle was in 2x mode. After 30 miles I was putting it away but I could not get the hub to move into 4x4 or 2 x. The "dial" had crept from the 2x setting toward the4x4 . Any suggestions on what is happening? This happened once before when I first installed it but it corrected itself and has been fine until now.
recon

rlwm211

The hub itself is a very rugged, but fairly simple device. It probably needs to be lubed a bit. Taking it off simplifies that.

Did I understand your post correctly, that you only installed one hub in the front?

Just curious...
RL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks