• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking at my first deuce

jetmech1983

I'm looking at my first m35a2 ever actually. I have prowled the forums for quite a while now and all of a sudden one is close enough for me to consider it extremely hard. It's a 1978 without winch, no cab heat, airshift axle, and a non military paint job. Truck has 13,543 miles and 1300 hours showing. I was just wondering what all I should look for such as idle speeds and maintenance items before I purchase the truck. Any problem areas that are known by those who are knowledgable would be appreciated because I have never even been real close to one of these before but have loved them for years. I guess I'm just looking for a pre-buy checklist essentially. Thanks.

bigelk50

You might also try to reach out to any members in your state/ area and ask them to show you their truck and go over things with you. Some may let you drive one. I highly suggest getting familiar with one before just jumping in and driving away not knowing how to drive one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks