• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-1009 Ice racing

wkbrdngsnw

Took the 1009 to the ice races at Georgetown lake Colorado, and as expected got beat...but it was by a H2 (that was driven by someone who had done this before).

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn161/wkbrdngsnw/Ice%20Racing/th_MVI_1284.jpg
I apologize for the bad video and commentary but I'm to lazy to edit it.

It just wouldn't turn in and was losing 10 seconds a turn sailing off the track trying to get pointed in the right direction. The turbo was great for accelerating off since it took a second to come in then took off. The track wasn't long enough to make a difference though since by the time it got going it was time to turn again.

Overall it was fun, but to be truly competitive an AWD small SUV would be a better choice. I'm thinking about a little toe-out to help but there isn't really too much you can do to a solid axle handle any better.

Last edited:

wkbrdngsnw

Are studded tires used? Doesn't seem so.
They do have a "cheater" class that's mostly jeeps with small blocks and 4" studs. I did what they called street stock which is bare rubber and had about 50 entries. I would have studded some old tires but I had and raced the next level up but I had a hard enough time keeping up with the Subarus.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks