• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-37 gas tank

Gene1944

I have just purchased a 1954 M-37. It does not have a gas tank. I priced a new one at Midwest ($713.00) and can't (won't) afford that! Someone said a Blazer tank would fit. Does anyone know what specific Blazer tank that would be (S-10, K-5 ) and the approx. years ?

Dodge man

I seem to remember that the Chevy S-10 gas tank fits but that you had to relocate the fuel pickup but don't remember what year S-10 or other details. You should be able to find that thread on here or the G741 site. I'm SUPPOSED to be picking up a '51 M37 for parts soon. PM me if you're interested in the tank out of it.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In order to preserve your FUTURE M37 gas tank, might be worth your while to have it coated with a liner inside the tank, and coated with POR-15 outside the tank. Will last near forever then.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
You will have to get a high quality used M37 tank or a re pro to do a correct and lasting restoration but I'm sure you know that. John Winslow has a M37 for parts in NC thats got a tank. Others are right theres alot of M37 parts truck out there. If your looking for something to get you by just as a play truck theres alot more options out there including some new stuff.

I buy all my M37 or WW2 Dodge parts from John at MidWest Mil , its high but thats the cost of being correct and a very quality part from a great business like his. -Jay

crasheej

There were some gen trailers thah the same tank as the M37s check around like why not put the correct tank back . At one time I had 3 extra tanks but sold all my 37s and all the parts In one deal. Sorry

wdbtchr

Unless you're building a trailer queen there's no point in spending all that money on the exact tank. Almost any S10 gas tank will fit with minor filler adaptation.:roll: