• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 cargo cover

Greatthumper

All righty. This is my question. I picked up for my M1008 a cargo cover and bows. Thank you “lmcdncn
For the pay it forward kit. The cover is a much heavier, dark green and has plastic disks reinforcing the corners. I like it but needs repair. I bought a new cover for my truck. The new one is an OD green. I think it is the original type of cover. Does anyone know what the previous cover is? I would really like to get another one. Is it possible this was a later model or possibly for the Humvee pickup?

eme411

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the one with the plastic discs is the last version, made in Canada, I'm still trying to find one of these, the original version is a matte or flat green , the Dodge M-880 is a glossy OD, the Canadian M-1008 had a very different set up , solid top bows that were not locked in and did not fold down, just dropped into the holes , frame was held down by the top, this was fastened by straps into footman loops on the tailgate and rear fenders, the tarp did a wonder full job of taking the paint off the corners of the fenders, the only good part to these bows was they could hold a very large snow load,