• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Glow Plug System Issue, No Wait Light, No Start

gglithox

I have tried to read as many threads as possible before posting this question. Have a glow plug system issue where the Wait Light does not come on, GP Relay cycles every few seconds about 6 times then stops cycling (GP Relay 1 year old) and no start. Batteries are fully charged, Engine Control Fuse OK, put in a working GP Control Card and still same symptoms. I have not yet changed the Wait Light bulb. If the bulb is bad would that interrupt the system from working properly? If not, is there any suggestions I can try?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Follow the step by step troubleshooting in the -20TM.

gglithox

Read and printed out the pages from the 20TM Glow Plug System. Will preform the step by step for "WAIT" LIGHT INOPERTIVE (ENGINE COLD) hopefully tomorrow. Am I correct to assume if the Wait Light is inoperative the